Koh Lanta's Northwest Coast Shopping
Where to Shop on Koh Lanta's Northwest Coast
As we have said before, Koh Lanta is not a shoppers’ paradise, but there are a few small shops that do sell unique souvenirs and gifts, most of which have been made by the people in the shops.
If you want to find something exclusive on Lanta be prepared to travel around the island as there are no malls and these little gems are dotted throughout.Read More
Mountain Sea Silver and Stone
From the outside this shop looks like a large shed built from driftwood, but upon entering you will see one of the largest ‘jewellers’ on the island. Most items are made from specially cut polished stones or beach shells and you can often design your own necklace, earrings or bracelets from the range of individual stones and shells they sell. If you are keen on design, take your beach finds to the owner and they will make jewellery to your specifications.
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: On the main road out of Saladan, on the left next to Nang Sabai Cafe
A new surf shop on the island offering anything from hourly rental to sales of stand-up paddleboards, surfboards and boogie boards from real professionals. Classes and trips are also available.
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 17:00
- Location: Heading south on the main Klong Dao Beach, the shop is on the left near the end of the beach
- Tel: +66 (0)82 278 8855
Fix the Girl
Selling a range of goods; handbags, ladies clothing and beauty products. Fix the Girl is also a beauty salon and the shop sits behind Cheeky Monkey Bar, so it is ideal if you want to leave your man to drink beer, whilst you have a makeover!
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:30 – 21:00
- Location: Halfway down Klong Dao Beach, on the main west road just behind Cheeky Monkey Bar
Doubling up as a bar, this shop sells a range of handmade (mostly by the staff) goods, including belts, jewellery, oil paintings and clothing. They are more known for their very large leather belts, popular with women, which often have small pockets stitched into them.
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: At the beginning of Long Beach, just before Lanta Gym