Koh Lanta's Southwest Coast Restaurants
Where to Eat on Koh lanta's Southwest Coast
Lanta's southwest coast is one of Thailand's more tranquil shorelines. Home to several top-class resorts, it nevertheless has retained its bucolic appeal and visitors can truly relax in Nature here.
You'll soon get to make friends here and one of the easiest ways to do this is to eat out at one of the friendly, informal and cheap eateries.Read More
Auntie Mae’s Bakery
Part of the Rawi Warin Resort complex but accessible from outside, this bakery will make you feel hungry the moment you enter. It is a little pricier than other cafes but the delicious cheesecakes, ice creams and sherbets are worth it and sit temptingly in glass cabinets around the room. Daily blackboards advertise deli sandwiches, pasta, pizzas and pies. Cakes can be made to order and they have an extensive wine cellar from which you can order onsite or take away.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 20:00
- Location: Just as you arrive in Klong Nin on the right just past the entrance to Rawi Warin Resort
- Tel: +66 (0)75 607 400
There is one really big issue with this little café in the heart of Kantiang Bay, it is trying to leave. With the bean bags, hammocks, Wi-Fi, lovely staff and a generally chilled atmosphere enclosed in a mini-jungle, you feel like you have grown roots. To top that the owner is a mean cook, who provides great food at very low prices for the area. We recommend the ‘Egg Pan’ for breakfast, a burger for lunch and the tom yam fried rice for dinner. Wash it all down with a fruity shake or a banana pancake with chocolate sauce and you are hooked!
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:30 – 21:00
- Location: As you enter Kantiang Bay, the café is on the right at the bottom of the hill
- Tel: +66 (0)75 665 076
Klong Nin Café
An unassuming little Thai café in the centre of Klong Nin, this friendly little café has no real name but is extremely popular with local westerners for their delicious shakes, BBQ chicken and sticky rice with mango. Great value for money and an excellent place to cool down over lunch.
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: As you turn right in Klong Nin (to follow the beach), this little café is the fourth shop on the left
Luang Uan (Fat Uncle)
Do not overlook this tiny little traditional Thai roadside restaurant with plastic chairs and tables; they produce great tasting Thai Issan food very cheaply. The owner is very friendly and all the food is cooked to order, we definitely recommend the som tam, larb gai (spicy minced chicken) and naam look nua (spicy steak salad).
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 21:00
- Location: About 150 metres on the left past the 7-Eleven in Kantiang Bay next to A Little Handmade Shop
Noon Café and Restaurant
With unparalleled views over Kantiang Bay, this modern wooden diner, with a cocktail bar perched over the sea, offers a wide range of Thai and Western foods, all at surprisingly reasonable prices for the quality of the food and the portions. Most westerners rate their steaks here and particularly like to wash it down with a pitcher of beer. Most nights they have live music which they describe as ‘jamming sessions.’ A good location for dinner or even just a cocktail at sunset.
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 22:00
- Location: Head out of Kantiang Bay and up the next hill, Noon is situated at the top of the hill on the right
A restaurant originally set in Chiang Mai many years ago, now relocated to the Klong Nin Beach on Koh Lanta. This restaurant claims that it uses absolutely no MSG, No GMP and no preservatives. Serving an extensive Thai menu all freshly made, and a reasonable selection of western dishes, this diner has something for everyone. They also offer free Wi-Fi and we recommend the tom yam martini for a spicy cocktail.
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 23:00
- Location: Heading south out of Klong Nin, Roi Thai is on the right and is fronted by two statues of tribal men!
- Tel: +66 (0)75 662 549
Same Same but Different
Same Same is a large restaurant nestled on the beach at the far end of Kantiang Bay. Built in harmony with the surrounding tropical foliage out of bamboo and driftwood, this restaurant serves high-quality Thai dishes while your toes are tickled by the sand. To get the best from this restaurant, order several Thai dishes to try along with some rice and then order their delicious cocktails to go with it. Expect the bill to be higher than you would normally pay in Lanta, but remember you are paying for that great view and location.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 – 22:00
- Location: Drive through Kantiang Bay and just past the Pimalai Resort you will find the restaurant on the right
- Tel: +66 (0)75 665 037